Divergent Reading of the Problem
- Assuming there are only a few results of interest, use Excel's Watch window.
- Assuming all of the data is in a single workbook, one could
- Open a second Window,
- Position the open Windows so the results are always visible,
- Switch focus from the "results" window to the one used for copy-paste
- Although it does not have focus, the results are shown as the workbook re-calculates
- Have a userform with a copy-from range and a copy-to range. I did not develop this any further but this solution is the focus of this post.
Remote Copy/Paste UI 1st Prototype
Implementing Remote Copy and Paste, version 1
The User Interface
|Figure 2 - Remote Copy and Paste|
- RefEdits to select the ranges for copying and pasting
- reSource is the "Copy from;" field
- reTarget is the "Paste to;" field
- Command Buttons for executing the copy-paste and canceling before execution.
- cbtnCPExecute is the Copy/Paste button
- cbtnCancel is the Cancel button