Why extend the adventure?New projects are a bit slow so I find myself doing less developing of my own skills in VBA and more "free consulting" on different discussion boards on how to do this or that, mainly with Excel but some with VBA. I've learned in that process, but can see I'm getting to the point of learning things that are more esoteric, i.e. more important to the Excel gurus and less to the people who I support with my work.
Where will I venture?
- Learn the basic syntax of each language.
- Re-write some of the current functions and subroutines, and maybe whole projects, in those languages.
- Venture into areas that the MS-VBA environment ill-serve, e.g. changing ribbons is a process that I see as overwhelming.
ExpectationsAdmittedly, these won't be as technically informative as my VBA and Excel posts. OTOH, some research psychologist might use it as part of a study on the existence of Sado-Masochism in one being. (There's a thought for further development.)
I hope to do these things with this part of my blog
- Give myself a log of what I am doing. Gee, a log in a blog! What a concept!
- Using this log as notes for a possible book or series on being a self-developed programmer, at least as far as one can take it as a lone wolf.
- Keep focused on the learning.